Give thanks unto the LORD, and call up- | -on his Name;
* tell the people what | things he hath done.
2 O let your songs be of | him, and praise him;
* and let your talking be of | all his wondrous works.
3 Rejoice in his | holy Name;
* let the heart of them re- | -joice that seek the LORD.
4 Seek the LORD | and his strength;
* seek his | face evermore.
5 Remember the marvellous works that | he hath done;
* his wonders, and the | judgments of his mouth;
6 O ye seed of Abra- | -ham his servant,
* ye | children• of •Jacob• his chosen.
7 He is the | LORD our God;
* his judgments | are in all the world.
8 He hath been alway mindful of his cove- | -nant and promise,
* that he made to a | thousand generations;
9 Even the covenant that he made with | Abraham;
* and the oath that he | sware unto Isaac;
10 And appointed the same unto Jacob | for a law,
* and to Israel for an | everlasting testament;
11 Saying, Unto thee will I give the | land of Canaan,
* the | lot of your inheritance:
12 When there were yet but a | few of them,
* and they | strangers in the land;
13 What time as they went from one nation | to another,
* from one kingdom | to another people;
14 He suffered no man to | do them wrong,
* but reproved even | kings for their sakes;
15 Touch not | mine anointed,
* and | do my •prophets• no harm.
16 Moreover, he called for a dearth up- | -on the land,
* and destroyed | all the• pro•vision• of bread.
17 But he had sent a | man before them,
* even Joseph, who was sold to | be a bond-servant;
18 Whose feet they hurt | in the stocks;
* the iron | entered •into• his soul;
19 Until the time came that his | cause was known:
* the word | of the LORD tried him.
20 The king sent, and de- | -livered him;
* the prince of the people | let him go free.
21 He made him lord also | of his house,
* and | ruler• of all his substance;
22 That he might inform his princes | after• his will,
* and | teach his •sena•tors wisdom.
23 Israel also came | into Egypt,
* and Jacob was a stranger | in the land of Ham.
24 And he increased his | people• exceedingly,
* and made them | stronger than their enemies;
25 Whose heart turned so, that they | hated• his people,
* and dealt un- | -truly with his servants.
26 Then sent he | Moses• his servant,
* and | Aaron• whom he had chosen.
27 And these showed his | tokens• among them,
* and wonders | in the land of Ham.
28 He sent darkness, and | it was dark;
* and they were not o- | -bedi•ent •unto• his word.
29 He turned their waters | into blood,
* and | slew their fish.
30 Their land | brought forth frogs;
* yea, even | in their kings' chambers.
31 He spake the word, and there came all | manner• of flies,
* and | lice in all their quarters.
32 He gave them hail- | -stones for rain;
* and flames of | fire in their land.
33 He smote their vines | also• and fig-trees;
* and destroyed the trees | that were in their coasts.
34 He spake the word, and the grasshoppers came, and cater- | -pillars• innumerable,
* and did eat up all the grass in their land, and devoured the | fruit of their ground.
35 He smote all the firstborn | in their land;
* even the | chief of all their strength.
36 He brought them forth also with | silver• and gold;
* there was not one feeble | person• among their tribes.
37 Egypt was glad at | their departing;
* for they | were afraid of them.
38 He spread out a cloud to | be a covering,
* and fire to give light | in the night season.
39 At their desire he | brought quails;
* and he filled them | with the bread of heaven.
40 He opened the rock of stone, and the waters | flowed out,
* so that rivers ran | in the dry places.
41 For why? he remembered his | holy promise;
* and | Abraham his servant.
42 And he brought forth his | people• with joy,
* and his | chosen with gladness;
43 And gave them the lands | of the heathen;
* and they took the labours of the | people in possession;
44 That they might | keep his statutes,
* and ob- | -serve his laws.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.