Blessed is the man that | feareth• the LORD;
* he hath great de- | -light in his commandments.
2 His seed shall be mighty up- | -on earth;
* the generation of the | faithful shall be blessed.
3 Riches and plenteousness shall be | in his house;
* and his righteousness en- | -dureth• for ever.
4 Unto the godly there ariseth up light | in the darkness;
* he is | merci•ful, •loving•, and righteous.
5 A good man is merci- | -ful, and lendeth;
* and will guide his | words with discretion.
6 For he shall | never• be moved:
* and the righteous shall be had in ever- | -lasting remembrance.
7 He will not be afraid of any | evil tidings;
* for his heart standeth fast, and be- | -lieveth in the LORD.
8 His heart is stablished, and | will not shrink,
* until he see his de- | -sire upon his enemies.
9 He hath dispersed abroad, and given | to the poor.
* and his righteousness remaineth for ever; his horn shall | be ex•alted• with honour.
10 The ungodly shall see it, and | it shall grieve him;
* he shall gnash with his teeth, and consume away; the desire of the un- | -godly shall perish.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.