When Israel came | out of Egypt,
* and the house of Jacob from a- | -mong the strange people,
2 Judah | was his sanctuary,
* and | Is•rael• his dominion.
3 The sea saw | that, and fled;
* Jor- | -dan was driven back.
4 The mountains | skipped like rams,
* and the little | hills like young sheep.
5 What aileth thee, O thou sea, | that thou fleddest?
* and thou Jordan, that | thou wast driven back?
6 Ye mountains, that ye | skipped like rams?
* and ye little | hills, like young sheep?
7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence | of the Lord:
* at the presence | of the God of Jacob;
8 Who turned the hard rock into a | standing water,
* and the flint-stone | into• a springing well.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.