My delight is | in the LORD;
* because he hath heard the | voice of my prayer;
2 Because he hath inclined his ear | unto me;
* therefore will I call upon him as | long as I live.
3 The snares of death compassed me | round about,
* and the pains of | hell gat hold upon me.
4 I found trouble and heaviness; then called I upon the Name | of the LORD;
* O LORD, I beseech thee, de- | -liver my soul.
5 Gracious is the | LORD, and righteous;
* yea, our | God is merciful.
6 The LORD pre- | -serveth• the simple:
* I was in misery, | and he helped me.
7 Turn again then unto thy rest, | O my soul;
* for the LORD | hath rewarded thee.
8 And why? thou hast delivered my | soul from death,
* mine eyes from tears, | and my feet from falling.
9 I will walk be- | -fore the LORD
* in the | land of the living.
10 I believed, and therefore will I speak; but I was | sore troubled:
* I said in my haste, | All men are liars.
11 What reward shall I give | unto• the LORD
* for all the benefits that he hath | done unto me?
12 I will receive the cup | of salvation,
* and call upon the | Name of the LORD.
13 I will pay my vows now in the presence of | all his people:
* right dear in the sight of the LORD is the | death of his saints.
14 Behold, O LORD, how that | I am• thy servant;
* I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid; thou hast | broken• my bonds in sunder.
15 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of | thanksgiving,
* and will call upon the | Name of the LORD.
16 I will pay my vows unto the LORD, in the sight of | all his people,
* in the courts of the LORD's house; even in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. | Praise the LORD.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.