When I was in trouble, I called up- | -on the LORD,
* and | he heard me.
2 Deliver my soul, O LORD, from | lying lips,
* and | from •a de•ceitful tongue.
3 What reward shall be given or done unto thee, thou | false tongue?
* even mighty and sharp arrows, with | hot burning coals.
4 Woe is me, that I am constrained to | dwell with Meshech,
* and to have my habitation a- | -mong the tents of Kedar!
5 My soul hath long | dwelt a•mong them
* that are | ene•mies unto peace.
6 I labour for peace; but when I speak unto | them thereof,
* they | make them •ready• to battle.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.