Unto thee lift I | up mine eyes,
* O thou that | dwellest in the heavens.
2 Behold, even as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand | of her mistress,
* even so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until | he have •mercy• upon us.
3 Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have | mercy• upon us;
* for we are | utterly despised.
4 Our soul is filled with the scornful reproof | of the wealthy,
* and with the de- | -spiteful•ness of the proud.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.