Except the LORD | build the house,
* their labour | is but lost that build it.
2 Except the LORD | keep the city,
* the watchman | waketh but in vain.
3 It is but lost labour that ye haste to rise up early, and so late take rest, and eat the | bread of carefulness;
* for so he giveth | his be-loved sleep.
4 Lo, children, and the fruit | of the womb,
* are an heritage and gift that | cometh of the LORD.
5 Like as the arrows in the hand | of the giant,
* even so | are the young children.
6 Happy is the man that hath his quiver | full of them;
* they shall not be ashamed when they speak with their | ene•mies in the gate.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.