LORD, re- | -member David,
* and | all his trouble:
2 How he sware | unto• the LORD,
* and vowed a vow unto the Al- | -mighty God of Jacob:
3 I will not come within the tabernacle | of mine house,
* nor | climb up •into• my bed;
4 I will not suffer mine eyes to sleep, nor mine | eyelids• to slumber;
* neither the temples of my head to | take any rest;
5 Until I find out a place for the temple | of the LORD;
* an habitation for the | Mighty God of Jacob.
6 Lo, we heard of the | same at Ephratah,
* and | found it in the wood.
7 We will go into his | tabernacle,
* and fall low on our | knees before his footstool.
8 Arise, O LORD, into thy | resting-place;
* thou, and the | ark of thy strength.
9 Let thy priests be | clothed with righteousness;
* and let thy | saints sing with joyfulness.
10 For thy servant | David's sake,
* turn not away the | face of thine anointed.
11 The LORD hath made a faithful oath | unto David,
* and he | shall not shrink from it:
12 Of the fruit | of thy body
* shall I | set upon thy throne.
13 If thy children will keep my covenant, and my testimonies that | I shall teach them;
* their children also shall sit upon thy | throne for evermore.
14 For the LORD hath chosen Sion to be an habitation | for himself;
* he hath | longed for her.
15 This shall be my | rest for ever:
* here will I dwell, for I | have a• delight therein.
16 I will bless her | victuals• with increase,
* and will satis- | -fy her poor with bread.
17 I will deck her | priests with health,
* and her saints | shall rejoice and sing.
18 There shall I make the horn of | David• to flourish:
* I have ordained a | lantern• for mine anointed.
19 As for his enemies, I shall clothe | them with shame;
* but upon himself | shall his crown flourish.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.