O LORD, thou hast searched me | out, and known me.
* Thou knowest my down-sitting, and mine uprising; thou understandest my | thoughts long before.
2 Thou art about my path, and a- | -bout my bed;
* and art ac- | -quainted• with all my ways.
3 For lo, there is not a word | in my tongue,
* but thou, O LORD, | knowest• it altogether.
4 Thou hast beset me behind | and before,
* and | laid thine hand upon me.
5 Such knowledge is too wonderful and | excel•lent for me;
* I cannot at- | -tain unto it.
6 Whither shall I go then | from thy Spirit?
* or whither shall I | go then from thy presence?
7 If I climb up into heaven, | thou art there;
* if I go down to hell, | thou art there also.
8 If I take the wings | of the morning,
* and remain in the uttermost | parts of the sea;
9 Even there also shall | thy hand lead me,
* and | thy right hand shall hold me.
10 If I say, Peradventure the darkness shall | cover me;
* then shall my | night be turned to day.
11 Yea, the darkness is no darkness with thee, but the night is as clear | as the day;
* the darkness and light to | thee are both alike.
12 For my | reins are thine;
* thou hast covered me | in my mother's womb.
13 I will give thanks unto thee, for I am fearfully and wonder- | -fully made:
* marvellous are thy works, and that my | soul •knoweth• right well.
14 My bones are not | hid from thee,
* though I be made secretly, and fashioned be- | -neath in the earth.
15 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet | being• imperfect;
* and in thy book were | all my members written;
16 Which day by | day were fashioned,
* when as yet | there was none of them.
17 How dear are thy counsels unto | me, O God;
* O how great | is the sum of them!
18 If I tell them, they are more in number | than the sand:
* when I wake up, | I am •present• with thee.
19 Wilt thou not slay the | wicked•, O God?
* Depart from me, ye | blood-thirsty men.
20 For they speak unrighteous- | -ly against thee;
* and thine enemies | take thy Name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that | hate thee?
* and am not I grieved with those that | rise up against thee?
22 Yea, I hate | them right sore;
* even as | though they were mine enemies.
23 Try me, O God, and seek the ground | of my heart;
* prove me, | and ex•amine• my thoughts.
24 Look well if there be any way of | wicked•ness in me;
* and lead me in the | way everlasting.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.