Deliver me, O LORD, from the | evil man;
* and preserve me | from the wicked man;
2 Who imagine mischief | in their hearts,
* and stir up strife | all the day long.
3 They have sharpened their tongues | like a serpent;
* adder's | poison• is •under• their lips.
4 Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of | the ungodly;
* preserve me from the wicked men, who are purposed to | overthrow my goings.
5 The proud have laid a snare for me, and spread a net a- | -broad with cords;
* yea, and set | traps in my way.
6 I said unto the LORD, Thou | art my God,
* hear the voice | of my prayers, O LORD.
7 O LORD God, thou strength | of my health;
* thou hast covered my head | in the day of battle.
8 Let not the ungodly have his de- | -sire, O LORD;
* let not his mischievous imagination prosper, | lest they be too proud.
9 Let the mischief of their own lips fall upon the | head of them
* that | compass me about.
10 Let hot burning coals | fall upon them;
* let them be cast into the fire, and into the pit, that they never | rise up again.
11 A man full of words shall not prosper up- | -on the earth:
* evil shall hunt the wicked | person• to overthrow him.
12 Sure I am that the LORD will a- | -venge the poor,
* and maintain the | cause of the helpless.
13 The righteous also shall give thanks | unto• thy Name;
* and the just shall con- | -tinue in thy sight.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.