LORD, I call upon thee; haste thee | unto me,
* and consider my voice, when I | cry unto thee.
2 Let my prayer be set forth in thy sight | as the incense;
* and let the lifting up of my hands | be an evening sacrifice.
3 Set a watch, O LORD, be- | -fore my mouth,
* and keep the | door of my lips.
4 O let not mine heart be inclined to any | evil thing;
* let me not be occupied in ungodly works with the men that work wickedness, neither let me eat of such | things as please them.
5 Let the righteous rather smite me friendly, | and reprove me;
* yea, let not my head re- | -fuse their precious balms.
6 As for | the ungodly,
* I will pray | yet against their wickedness.
7 Let their judges be overthrown in | stony places,
* that they may hear my | words; for they are sweet.
8 Our bones lie scattered be- | -fore the pit,
* like as when one breaketh and heweth | wood upon the earth.
9 But mine eyes look unto thee, O | LORD God;
* in thee is my trust; O | cast not out my soul.
10 Keep me from the snare that they have | laid for me,
* and from the traps | of the wicked doers.
11 Let the ungodly fall into their own | nets together,
* and let | me •ever• escape them.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 11