I cried unto the LORD | with my voice;
* yea, even unto the LORD did I | make my supplication.
2 I poured out my com- | -plaints before him,
* and | showed him of my trouble.
3 When my spirit was in heaviness, thou | knewest• my path;
* in the way wherein I walked, have they privily | laid a snare for me.
4 I looked also upon my | right hand,
* and saw there was | no man that would know me.
5 I had no place to | flee unto,
* and no man | cared for my soul.
6 I cried unto thee, O | LORD, and said,
* Thou art my hope, and my portion in the | land of the living.
7 Consider | my complaint;
* for I am | brought very low.
8 O deliver me | from my persecutors;
* for they | are too strong for me.
9 Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks | unto• thy Name;
* which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous re- | -sort •unto• my company.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.