Hear my prayer, O LORD, and consider | my desire;
* hearken unto me for thy | truth and •righteous•ness' sake.
2 And enter not into judgment | with thy servant;
* for in thy sight shall | no man •living• be justified.
3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life | down •to the• ground;
* he hath laid me in the darkness, as the men that | have been long dead.
4 Therefore is my spirit | vexed within me,
* and my | heart with•in me• is desolate.
5 Yet do I remember the time past; I muse upon | all thy works;
* yea, I exercise myself in the | works of thy hands.
6 I stretch forth my hands | unto thee;
* my soul gaspeth unto thee | as a thirsty land.
7 Hear me, O LORD, and that soon; for my spirit | waxeth faint:
* hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go | down •into• the pit.
8 O let me hear thy loving-kindness betimes in the morning; for in thee | is my trust:
* show thou me the way that I should walk in; for I lift up my | soul unto thee.
9 Deliver me, O LORD, | from mine enemies;
* for I flee | unto thee to hide me.
10 Teach me to do the thing that pleaseth thee; for thou | art my God:
* let thy loving Spirit lead me forth | into• the land of righteousness.
11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy | Name's sake;
* and for thy righteousness' sake bring my | soul out of trouble.
12 And of thy goodness | slay mine enemies,
* and destroy all them that vex my soul; for | I am thy servant.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.