Blessed be the | LORD my strength,
* who teacheth my hands to war, | and my •fingers• to fight:
2 My hope and my fortress, my castle and deliverer, my defender in | whom I trust;
* who subdueth my people | that is under me.
3 LORD, what is man, that thou hast such respect | unto him?
* or the son of man, that thou | so regardest him?
4 Man is like a | thing of nought;
* his time passeth a- | -way like a shadow.
5 Bow thy heavens, O LORD, | and come down;
* touch the | mountains•, and they shall smoke.
6 Cast forth thy | lightning•, and tear them;
* shoot out thine | arrows, and consume them.
7 Send down thine hand | from above;
* deliver me, and take me out of the great waters, | from the hand of strangers;
8 Whose mouth | talketh• of vanity,
* and their right hand is a | right hand of wickedness.
9 I will sing a new song unto | thee, O God;
* and sing praises unto thee upon a | ten-stringed lute.
10 Thou hast given victory | unto kings,
* and hast delivered David thy servant from the | peril of the sword.
11 Save me, and deliver me from the | hand of strangers,
* whose mouth talketh of vanity, and their right hand is a | right hand •of in•iquity:
12 That our sons may grow up as the | young plants,
* and that our daughters may be as the polished | corners of the temple;
13 That our garners may be full and plenteous with all | manner• of store;
* that our sheep may bring forth thousands, and ten | thousands in our fields;
14 That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be | no decay,
* no leading into captivity, and no com- | -plaining in our streets.
15 Happy are the people that are in | such a case;
* yea, blessed are the people who have the | LORD for their God.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 15