Praise the LORD, O my soul: while I live, will I | praise the LORD;
* yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing | praises •unto• my God.
2 O put not your trust in princes, nor in any | child of man;
* for there is | no help in them.
3 For when the breath of man goeth forth, he shall turn again | to his earth,
* and then | all his thoughts perish.
4 Blessed is he that hath the God of Jacob | for his help,
* and whose hope is | in the LORD his God:
5 Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that | therein is;
* who keepeth his | promise for ever;
6 Who helpeth them to right that | suffer wrong;
* who | feedeth the hungry.
7 The LORD looseth men | out of prison;
* the LORD giveth | sight to the blind.
8 The LORD helpeth them | that are fallen;
* the LORD | careth for the righteous.
9 The LORD careth for the strangers; he defendeth the father- | -less and widow:
* as for the way of the ungodly, he | turneth• it upside down.
10 The LORD thy God, O Sion, shall be King for | evermore,
* and through- | -out all generations.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.