The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom then | shall I fear?
* the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom then | shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat | up my flesh,
* they | stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host of men were laid against me, yet shall not my heart | be afraid;
* and though there rose up war against me, yet will I | put my trust in him.
4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, which I | will require;
* even that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the fair beauty of the LORD, | and to •visit• his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his | tabernacle;
* yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me, and set me up up- | -on a rock of stone.
6 And now shall he lift | up mine head
* above mine | ene•mies round about me.
7 Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an oblation, with | great gladness:
* I will sing and speak | praises •unto• the LORD.
8 Hearken unto my voice, O LORD, when I cry | unto thee;
* have mercy up- | -on me, and hear me.
9 My heart hath talked of thee, Seek | ye my face:
* Thy | face, LORD, will I seek.
10 O hide not thou thy | face from me,
* nor cast thy servant a- | -way in displeasure.
11 Thou hast | been my succour;
* leave me not, neither forsake me, O | God of my salvation.
12 When my father and my | mother• forsake me,
* the LORD | taketh me up.
13 Teach me thy | way, O LORD,
* and lead me in the right way, be- | -cause of mine enemies.
14 Deliver me not over into the will | of mine adversaries:
* for there are false witnesses risen up against me, and | such as speak wrong.
15 I should utterly | have fainted,
* but that I believe verily to see the goodness of the LORD in the | land of the living.
16 O tarry thou the | LORD's leisure;
* be strong, and he shall comfort thine heart; and put thou thy | trust in the LORD.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.