Blessed is he whose unrighteousness | is forgiven,
* and whose | sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD im- | -puteth• no sin,
* and in whose | spirit• there is no guile.
3 For whilst I | held my tongue,
* my bones consumed away | through my •daily• complaining.
4 For thy hand was heavy upon me | day and night,
* and my moisture was | like the drought in summer.
5 I acknowledged my sin | unto thee;
* and mine unrighteousness | have I not hid.
6 I said, I will confess my sins | unto• the LORD;
* and so thou forgavest the | wicked•ness of my sin.
7 For this shall every one that is godly make his prayer unto thee, in a time when thou | mayest• be found;
* surely the great water-floods shall | not come nigh him.
8 Thou art a place to hide me in; thou shalt preserve | me from trouble;
* thou shalt compass me about with | songs of deliverance.
9 I will inform thee, and teach thee in the way wherein | thou shalt go;
* and I will | guide thee with mine eye.
10 Be ye not like to horse and mule, which have no | understanding;
* whose mouths must be held with bit and bridle, else | they will not obey thee.
11 Great plagues remain | for •the un•godly;
* but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD, mercy embraceth | him on every side.
12 Be glad, O ye righteous, and rejoice | in the LORD;
* and be joyful, all ye | that are true of heart.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.