Hear my | prayer, O LORD,
* and let my crying | come unto thee.
2 Hide not thy face from me in the time | of my trouble;
* incline thine ear unto me when I call; O hear | me, and that right soon.
3 For my days are consumed a- | -way like smoke,
* and my bones are burnt up | as it were a firebrand.
4 My heart is smitten down, and | withered• like grass;
* so that I for- | -get to eat my bread.
5 For the voice | of my groaning,
* my bones will scarce | cleave to my flesh.
6 I am become like a pelican | in the wilderness,
* and like an owl | that is in the desert.
7 I have watched, and am even as it | were a sparrow,
* that sitteth a- | -lone upon the housetop.
8 Mine enemies revile me | all the• day long;
* and they that are mad upon me are | sworn to•gether• against me.
9 For I have eaten ashes | as it• were bread,
* and | mingled• my drink with weeping;
10 And that, because of thine indig- | -nation• and wrath;
* for thou hast taken me | up, and cast me down.
11 My days are gone | like a shadow,
* and I am | withered like grass.
12 But thou, O LORD, shalt en- | -dure for ever,
* and thy remembrance throughout | all generations.
13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy up- | -on Sion;
* for it is time that thou have mercy upon her, | yea, the time is come.
14 And why? thy servants think up- | -on her stones,
* and it pitieth them to | see her in the dust.
15 The nations shall fear thy | Name, O LORD;
* and all the kings | of the earth thy majesty;
16 When the LORD shall | build up Sion,
* and when his | glory shall appear;
17 When he turneth him unto the prayer of the | poor destitute,
* and de- | -spiseth• not their desire.
18 This shall be written for those that | come after,
* and the people which shall be | born shall praise the LORD.
19 For he hath looked down | from his sanctuary;
* out of the heaven did the | LORD behold the earth;
20 That he might hear the mournings of such as are | in captivity,
* and deliver them that are ap- | -pointed unto death;
21 That they may declare the Name of the | LORD in Sion,
* and his | worship at Jerusalem;
22 When the peoples are | gathered• together,
* and the kingdoms | also•, to serve the LORD.
23 He brought down my strength | in my journey,
* and | shortened my days.
24 But I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst | of mine age;
* as for thy years, they endure throughout | all generations.
25 Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation | of the earth,
* and the heavens are the | work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou | shalt endure:
* they all shall wax | old as doth a garment;
27 And as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they | shall be changed;
* but thou art the same, and thy | years shall not fail.
28 The children of thy servants | shall continue,
* and their seed shall stand | fast in thy sight.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.