O God, my heart is ready, my | heart is ready;
* I will sing, and give praise with the best | member that I have.
2 Awake, thou | lute and harp;
* I myself | will awake right early.
3 I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, a- | -mong the peoples;
* I will sing praises unto | thee among the nations.
4 For thy mercy is greater | than the heavens,
* and thy truth | reacheth •unto• the clouds.
5 Set up thyself, O God, a- | -bove the heavens,
* and thy glory a- | -bove all the earth;
6 That thy beloved may | be delivered:
* let thy right hand save | them, and hear thou me.
7 God hath spoken | in his holiness;
* I will rejoice therefore, and divide Shechem, and mete | out the •valley• of Succoth.
8 Gilead is mine, and Ma- | -nasseh is mine;
* Ephraim also is the strength of my head; | Judah is my lawgiver;
9 Moab is my wash-pot; over Edom will I cast | out my shoe;
* upon Phi- | -listi•a will I triumph.
10 Who will lead me into the | strong city?
* and who will | bring me into Edom?
11 Hast not thou forsaken | us, O God?
* and wilt not thou, O God, go | forth with our hosts?
12 O help us a- | -gainst the enemy:
* for vain | is the help of man.
13 Through God we shall | do great acts;
* and it is he that shall | tread down our enemies.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.2nd half: v. 9