If the LORD himself had not been on our side, now may | Isra•el say;
* if the LORD himself had not been on our side, when | men rose up against us;
2 They had swallowed us | up alive;
* when they were so wrathful- | -ly displeased at us.
3 Yea, the waters had | drowned us,
* and the stream had | gone •over• our soul.
4 The deep waters | of the proud
* had gone | even •over• our soul.
5 But praised | be the LORD,
* who hath not given us over for a | prey •unto• their teeth.
6 Our soul is escaped even as a bird out of the snare | of the fowler;
* the snare is broken, | and we are delivered.
7 Our help standeth in the Name | of the LORD,
* who hath | made •heaven• and earth.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.