Many a time have they fought against me from my | youth up,
* may | Israel now say;
2 Yea, many a time have they vexed me from my | youth up;
* but they have | not prevailed against me.
3 The plowers plowed up- | -on my back,
* and | made long furrows.
4 But the | righteous LORD
* hath hewn the snares of the un- | -godly in pieces.
5 Let them be confounded and | turned backward,
* as many as have | evil will at Sion.
6 Let them be even as the grass up- | -on the housetops,
* which withereth afore | it be grown up;
7 Whereof the mower filleth | not his hand,
* neither he that bindeth | up the sheaves his bosom.
8 So that they who go by say not so much as, The LORD | prosper you;
* we wish you good luck in the | Name of the LORD.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.