Praise the LORD, for it is a good thing to sing praises | unto• our God;
* yea, a joyful and pleasant thing it | is to be thankful.
2 The LORD doth build | up Jerusalem,
* and gather together the | outcasts of Israel.
3 He healeth those that are | broken• in heart,
* and giveth medicine to | heal their sickness.
4 He telleth the number | of the stars,
* and calleth them | all by their names.
5 Great is our Lord, and great | is his power;
* yea, and his | wisdom is infinite.
6 The LORD setteth | up the meek,
* and bringeth the ungodly | down to the ground.
7 O sing unto the LORD with | thanksgiving;
* sing praises upon the | harp •unto• our God:
8 Who covereth the heaven with clouds, and prepareth rain | for the earth;
* and maketh the grass to grow upon the mountains, and herb | for the use of men;
9 Who giveth fodder | unto• the cattle,
* and feedeth the young | ravens• that call upon him.
10 He hath no pleasure in the strength | of an horse;
* neither delighteth | he in •any• man's legs.
11 But the LORD'S delight is in | them that fear him,
* and put their | trust in his mercy.
12 Praise the LORD, | O Jerusalem;
* praise thy | God, O Sion.
13 For he hath made fast the bars | of thy gates,
* and hath | blessed thy •children• within thee.
14 He maketh peace | in thy borders,
* and filleth thee | with the flour of wheat.
15 He sendeth forth his commandment up- | -on earth,
* and his word | runneth very swiftly.
16 He giveth | snow like wool,
* and scattereth the | hoarfrost like ashes.
17 He casteth forth his | ice like morsels:
* who is able | to abide his frost?
18 He sendeth out his word, and | melteth them:
* he bloweth with his wind, | and the waters flow.
19 He showeth his word | unto Jacob,
* his statutes and ordinances | unto Israel.
20 He hath not dealt so with | any nation;
* neither have the heathen | knowledge of his laws.
Glory be to the Father, and | to the Son,
* and | to the Holy Ghost,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and | ever shall be,
* world without | end. Amen.